1. All teams must register with the league.
2. Registration Fee is £40.00 and fees must be paid in full at the EGM/AGM. Failure to pay fees at this time may result in the team being excluded from the forthcoming season.
3. Registration forms must be filled in correctly and sent to the Results secretary: Mr John Dudley, 15 St Nicholas Rd, Tillingham, CM0 7SQ. Teams failing to send in their forms by the halfway point may not be eligible to enter their team players into any "end of season" knockouts.
4. No new players can register after the halfway stage of the season, unless with Committee approval.
5. No player is allowed to play for more than one team in a season unless their team pulls out of the league before the halfway point.
6. No team is allowed to move from one venue to another without committee approval.
7. Match Format-
Division 1 & 2
2 x Trios, 1 leg 701
3 x Pairs, 1 leg 601
6 x Singles 1 leg 501
6 x Singles 1 leg 501
1 x captains 1 leg 501
2 x Trios 1 leg 601
3 x Pairs 1 leg 501
6 x Singles 1 leg 401
6 x Singles 1 leg 401
1 x Captains 1 leg 401
1 Point is available for each game totalling 18 points.
Captains game to be played by the captain, if the captain is unavailable then the vice captain can play this game. No other player to play this game. Should neither captain or Vice be available, the point will go to the opposition.
All games are straight start finishing on a double or bulls eye
8. Away team to start first then alternate until the captains and home captain will throw first.
9. Teams may select their Trios & Pairs but all match pairings must be decided by a blind draw by the opposing Captain. A team must field a minimum of 5 players. If five players are available then the captain with 6 players must lay 6 names face down and the 5 player team will cover 5 cards with the remaining card getting a automatic point. You are not allowed to play with 4 or less players and if a postponement cannot be arranged, an automatic 11 points (10 + Captains) will be awarded to opposition. A team fielding just 5 players may play 1 x trebles with 2 players and 1 x pair with a single player
10. No player is allowed to play twice in the same section. It is allowed to play 1 against 2 in the pairs and 2 against 3 in the trios if only 5 players are available.
11. No matches to be called off, However in the event of a cancellation, 24 hours notice must be given to the opposing team. If this rule is not followed then £10 will have to be paid directly to the other team to cover wasted food etc. Re arranged games must then be organised within 7 days and the league secretary notified of the pending dates. Failing to do so will result in the opposing team receiving 11 points (10 + captains)
NOTE: There is only 1 free week per half for postponements. If a team cannot fill a team against another team that already have a postponement against them, then the second team will forfeit an 11-0 loss. you cannot push a first half postponement into the second half free week. Teams are urged to ensure that enough players are signed on to allow for holidays etc. If you cannot fill at least 5 players, you will risk an automatic 11-0 loss
12. At no time can double point games be played.
13. Each team to supply a good match board it must be at a height 5’8" to bulls eye and a raised oche at a distance of 7’9 ¼" to the board. The board must be suitably lit without shadows etc.
14. Chalk board or white board dry wipe board to be supplied for scoring and teams MUST use competent chalkers
15. The home board must be opened to away players for practise from 8.15 onwards. Matches should be started no later than 8.30 Teams arriving late – Opponents can claim 1 trios if game not started by 8.45 and 2 x Trios if games not started by 9pm.
A player arriving after draw has completed cannot be added to that draw but may take part in any further draws for that match. There is no deadline for players to sign in but each player must be signed in before the following draw is made. ( If a player signs on after the Pairs draw has been completed, that player cannot be substituted into the pairs but will be able to be entered into both singles draws)
16. (Updated Rule (2016) . Winning team captain must notify results before 12.00 Friday lunchtime following match. Any team failing to notify result by the deadline will have TWO points removed from their total. Where applicable this will include captains win. In the event of a Drawn Game, Both teams are required to notify results. Penalty will apply to a team not submitting a result in the form of a two point deduction. Notify results by – Tel / Txt John on 07773-140028, Leave phone result on answering machine at 01621-778778, use the web result form on the result web site at www.aperfectmatch.co.uk/dhdl or email email@example.com best method is txt straight after match or use web site form. Its is recommended that each team allocates a player who would be responsible for notifying result although it is generally the captains responsibility
Result sheets must be returned to John Dudley (address on the result sheet) this must arrive before the following Wednesday or £1 will be added to next seasons fees for each late entry.
17a. Complaints to be made in writing only and sent to Bernie Bredo (League Secretary) Committee decisions are final.
Any player reported for bad behaviour or offensive conduct will be banned from the league
17b. Any player bringing the game into disrepute by not respecting fellow players or that makes personal remarks about other players in such a manner as to bring the league into disrepute will be subject to disciplinary action at the Committe's discretion and which may include limited suspension from the league or even a total ban
17c. Postponement games. There is one free week for each half of season. each team is allowed one postponement in each half and that game has to be played in the free week. A second postponement in the first half cannot be arranged for the second free week as this is reserved for the second half fixture. Any team that postpones a game when they already have one postponement against them will forfeit a 0 - 10 plus captains loss. This is regardless of who postponed the first match.
18. Any team that drops out after season has started may not be invited back. Team fee’s are not refundable.
19. Captains Cup. In the event of a draw at the end of the season, a play off will be done on finals night (format best of 3 x 501) however if any of the captains games were played by the vice, or were awarded through a cancelled game, these games be not be counted in the event of a draw.
20. No new teams can join the league unless invited by the Committee.
21. Only players aged 18 and above may play in this league. Any players who join teams and are under 18 will have all their points deducted and disciplinary action may be taken against the team.
22. All Team and individual Trophies or Shields that are presented for display in venue are, and remain the property of the Dengie hundred Invitation League. They must be displayed and kept in good condition. They must be available for collection at the end of term. All Trophies must be returned immediately should a venue leave the league. Damage to trophies or loss/failure to return on request will result in that team/venue being charged for replacement of outstanding trophies/shields
23. The Committee have the authority to enforce rules and any decisions made by the committee are final.